Monday, September 24, 2007

J361

Once again, a professor has required me to take an action that I've been meaning to do for a while but never quite had adequate reason. This is a little bit bigger than going to the art museum or visiting an instructor's office hours, but I think it will be at least a learning experience, if not something I continue doing forever.
I've actually never been a blog-loving person. My life has always closely revolved around the internet (which, I admit, adds a certain element of laziness as well as nerdiness to my personality), but I never understood why the blog craze happened and is still happening. After all, we don't pay much attention to the random verbalizations of the scruffy-looking person on the bus or the thousands of books that are published every day. Why then, when placed in a digital format, does the chaff of people's minds become so attractive? Why are we so obsessed with updating the world on what we did this morning, or giving them instruction on how to make a chocolate pie, or complaining endlessly about politics?
I'm sure there's something to this blog thing. Maybe now that I keep one, I'll start reading others. Maybe someone will tell me which are worth reading, because I really have no idea and don't want to waste time finding out when I could be reading something that was written by an experienced writer, using credible sources, and checked by an editor.
Time to wrap up. I sound like the crabbiest person alive, which kind of sucks for the first blog entry. I'm not, and I won't complain about this topic anymore, at risk of falling into the trap of the self-serving blogger.

No comments: